A Horse Blog for Teens
Friday, February 6, 2009
My Biography with Horses Part I
Part I: Mac & Lucky

I decided that I wanted to ride horses. My mom said I should take some horseback riding lessons. I thought my riding lessons were pretty fun. However, I told my mom she should take some lessons with me because I thought it would be fun together. I noticed that some people had their own horses and ponies while other people were full or half leasing their horses. My mom and I leased a big horse named Mac. He belongs to my trainer, Kim Hill.


Mac is a chestnut Appendix. An Appendix horse is half Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse. There are some funny things about Mac. When he was younger he used to eat Taco Bell and McDonalds. No one would give him Taco Bell and McDonalds; he would steal the bags. Have you ever seen a horse eating fast-food? (I didn’t think so.)


My mom and I took turns riding Mac, but I wanted to have my own horse, so my mom and I could ride together. I started to lease a chestnut Quarter Horse named Lucky. Lucky was very old and nothing ever scared him. He was very smart. One summer when I was at camp he got into a feed bin and opened a bag of expensive supplements. He ate most of the bag, and when they found him he had a very big stomach!


Lucky

Both Mac and Lucky retired, so my mom and I had to find different horses. Lucky went to live with some people who have a lot of grandchildren, but all he has to do is walk around with them. Mac still lives at our barn.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment