A Horse Blog for Teens
Saturday, February 7, 2009
My Biography with Horses Part II
Part II: Teddy, Litening and Crista

The next horse I leased was a Shetland pony named Teddy. I thought that it would be good to lease Teddy because he would be challenge. I was right about Teddy being a challenge, because he had a mind of his own. While he was following his own mind, I fell off and broke my elbow. I had to wear a sling for six weeks, including on stage during my school’s Winter Concert. I was supposed to be dancing with a broom. The teacher rechoreographed the dance so the girls handled their brooms with one hand and the boys used two hands. After that I called him “Mean, Fuzzy Teddy.”

I still wanted to ride Teddy, but my trainer told me to lease a older chestnut Appendix named Litening. No, that’s not misspelled! Litening was a nice horse, but I didn’t have much fun riding him. Also, I like riding ponies better than horses.
Litening was a very calm horse, but one day he got scared and jumped to the side. I fell off and hurt my side really bad and had to go to the hospital. My grandfather said that when I got better he would buy me my own pony.

My mom and I looked for ponies months. We saw a lot of green ponies and naughty ponies. We finally found a Norwegian Fjord name Crista. A Norwegian Fjord isn’t a pony, but a horse that is usually pony-sized. Crista was nice on the ground, but unfortunately we didn’t realize that she was still green. Also, she was very stubborn. We decided to sell her and look for another horse.




Crista


0 Comments:

Post a Comment